Bike Tours Frequently Asked Questions
Definitely, yes! Aside from giving you excellent bike tours, we are also committed to your safety and security. We have carefully chosen and reckoned your destinations prior to your ride.
You do not need to bring bike tools because our tour leaders and local guides always bring them. However, you may want to bring your own in case of an emergency bike failure and our guides are not yet around. Our bike tour leaders bring with them the following:
- Multi tools
- Spare tubes
- Patch kit
- Hand pump
- Tire Lever
- Chain lubricants
- Missing link
Our SAG vehicle also carries other bike repair tools and equipments, spare wheel sets, and spare tires.
You may want to bring with you the following:
- Medicine – if you are on medication. Although we bring medicines, they are for some common illnesses only like headache, toothache, body pain, fever, cough, LBM and the likes. You may want to bring your own medicines that are specifically prescribed by your doctor.
- Helmet – we can provide you with a helmet on your bike tour however, it is recommended to bring your own as helmets are personal necessities in biking.
- SPD Shoes – initially, our bikes’ pedals are platform pedals. You can however, change your pedals with a Shimano or SPD based pedals. If you do, please don’t forget to bring SPD shoes.
- Trekking Shoes – our bike tours also include trekking so it’s highly recommended bring a pair of trekking shoes.
- Dri-fit clothing, jerseys, and padded cycling shorts – wear comfortable clothing as many of our bike tours last for several days. If you need to buy jerseys and cycling shorts, you can buy in our destinations because there are available bike shops.
- Jackets or wind breakers – sometimes the weather is unpredictable here in the Philippines. Jackets or wind breakers are highly recommended.
Optional things to bring:
- Biking glasses
- Sun hat
- Sun block
- Mosquito repellent spray
- Personal hygiene
- Camera preferably point and shoot
- Mountain bike – if you prefer to bring your own and not rent our bike. Please don’t forget to bring special tools for your bikes because we may not have these tools available for you.
- Swim wear – some of our bike tours include swimming.
The following are included in our bike tours:
- Hotel accommodations
- Break fast, lunch, dinner
- Fruits, snacks, bottled water, sports drinks while riding
- Mountain bike (if you rent a bike from us)
- Safety helmet – we highly encourage you to bring your own
- Water bottles
- Bike maintenance and consumables
- Local tour guide for every point of interest
- Private security
- Support and Gear vehicle
- People transport
- Boat rental fees if applicable
- First round of alcoholic beverages or beer
Any thing we did not mention above is not included and you may settle them with your own money.
Data from the Department of Tourism shows that there has been a significant increase in the number of foreign tourists that visit the country. This only proves that it is safe to travel in the Philippines contrary to some beliefs. Your safety is on top of our priority.
The weather in the Philippines most of the time is hot specially in Manila and other low-lying cities and provinces. It is advisable that you wear casual clothes like shirts, blouse, jeans and dress.
Sweater is also recommended during the rainy season. Also, some of our destinations are situated in higher places where the temperature is lower.
If you are already tired and can no longer continue, don’t worry because we have a support vehicle to transport you to our destination. You will still be able to have fun.
Some of the trails are technical and some are not. Having a good handling skills will be a great help. Always remember, “when in doubt, dismount“. There’s nothing wrong with pushing your bikes. In fact, we also push our bikes.
Yes! You will need Peso upon your arrival in the Philipines to pay for your taxi fare from the airport to your first hotel and to purchase other things. There will be banks and money changers on our destinations and ATM machines accept credit cards.
Featured Bike Tours:
- Mountain Biking Tour South Luzon
- A 10-day bike tour from the smallest volcano in the world to the majestic Mayon Volcano. Enjoy the cool water falls and swim with the whale sharks in Donsol.
- Multi-sports Tour and Adventure Vacation Polillo Island
- A 7-day vacation adventure for backpackers who love to do more than just mountain biking. Go camping, trekking, swimming, island hopping, caving and more.
- Mindoro / Puerto Galera Bike Tour
- Enjoy mountain biking on single tracks and dirt roads from Tagaytay and Mount Banahaw. Swim on the famous beaches of Batangas and Puerto Galera.
- Bike and Trek Mount Banahaw
- Challenge yourselves to do two sports leisurely one after the other in the historical town of San Pablo and the mysterious mountain of Banahaw.
- Surf and Music Festival
- A whole day of mountain biking in several tourist destinations in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte and then surf and swim its azure beach in the afternoon. In the evening, listen to music as live bands and local artists perform their hit songs.