La Mesa Single Tracks Bicycle Tour
La Mesa Watershed is home to different species of plants, trees, insects, birds, and other animals. There are tens to hundreds of different kinds of trees that grow in this protected area. It is also the source of drinking water of the people in the nearby towns and the people of Metro Manila.
La Mesa Watershed is the only remaining forest that is situated inside Metro Manila. It has a total of 40 kilometers of connected trails both single tracks and double tracks (fire roads). The best thing is, it is easily accessible from anywhere in the Metro. These make La Mesa Watershed an ideal place for mountain bike adventurers and trail runners who have very limited time, a weekend warrior, and a group or a family who wants to enjoy nature through mountain biking.
|Points of Interest||Awesome single tracks, La Mesa Lake, Bird Watching (seasonal only), La Mesa Towers|
|Total Distance||40 kilometers / 24 miles|
|Duration||1 Day / Whole Day|
|Fitness Level||out of 5|
|Location||La Mesa Watershed, Farview, Quezon City|
|Group Size||Minimum of 2, Maximum of 8|
|Tour Meetup||Beyond Outdoor Adventures' Office in Makati or Hotel Pickup anywhere in Metro Manila if you arranged for a transportation.|
|Tour Ends||Beyond Outdoor Adventures' Office or your hotel|
|6:30 AM||Hotel or house pick up if you availed of our transportation service.|
|8:00 AM||Meet up in La Mesa Watershed parking lot. We will have a short briefing and meet our trail master.|
|8:30 AM||Ride out.|
|11:30 AM||Early lunch in Kawayanan rest stop.|
|12:30 PM||Proceed to Tower 1 to complete the “All Towers Ride” for strong bikers. Riders who wish to bailout may do so after the first half of the ride.|
|4:00 PM||Back to the trail head. The ride is finished.
Wash up and prepare to depart La Mesa.
How to get there:
Five Reasons Why You Should Choose La Mesa Watershed
- Safe - the bike trails are properly maintained. Unwanted plants and grasses are removed from the path allowing you to clearly see where you should go. Signs, symbols and directions are strategically placed so you would know where to go.
- Secured - The whole forest itself is properly guarded. No outsiders are allowed to enter the forest. Only those who registered are permitted to roam around accompanied by a trail master and a sweeper.
- Fresh Air - if you need some fresh air, specially if you are living in Metro Manila, La Mesa Watershed is a best source of fresh air. Remember, it is a forest.
- Environmental Contribution - your 200 pesos entrance fee will go to the maintenance of the watershed. This small amount is a big contribution to the environment. The trees of La Mesa Watershed absorb the excessive carbon dioxide in Metro Manila and replacing them with oxygen.
- Help is easy to get - if an accident occurs, you had muscle cramps, or too tired already, asking for help is just a radio call away. The trail masters bring radio with them to easily communicate with the admin from the entrance.
The single tracks of La Mesa can cater both beginner and hard-core mountain bikers. Whether it is a half-day or a whole-day of mountain biking you’re after, you can’t go wrong choosing this place.