Mount Pulag Hiking Tour via Ambangeg Trail
Watch the sunrise over a sea of clouds at the summit of Mount Pulag. Hike trough mossy forest and grassland. A truly unique experience only Mount Pulag can give.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Small Group
Mount Pulag is undoubtedly one of the most loved and the most attracting mountains in Luzon. It’s a favorite mountain to climb among different levels of climbers. Climbers all over the Philippines would go and visit Mount Pulag at least once or twice in their lifetime. The most attracting features of this fascinating mountain, known locally as the “Playground of the Gods”, is its amazing sea of clouds and wonderful sunrise. Hiking Mount Pulag gives one a sense of achievement because this is the third highest mountain in the Philippines and the highest in Luzon.
Hiking Mount Pulag via the Ambangeg Trail is the easiest among the several trails that lead to its summit. The Ambangeg trail is appropriate for those with limited hiking experiences but would like to climb its summit and experience the cold weather. Mount Pulag is host to hundreds of different plants, trees, and animal species. One of its highlights is hiking through thick rain forest and dwarf bamboo-covered summit.
- Round trip private van transportation from Manila and Mt. Pulag (no need to transfer vehicles). Inclusive of fuel, driver, and toll fees.
- Tour coordinator / guide from us
- 3 Meals – Day 1 lunch and dinner, Day 2 breakfast and lunch
- Mount Pulag local guide
- All entrance and environmental fees
- Local guides
- Home stay accommodation. Room is based on quadruple sharing.
- Use of our flash lights with extra battery. You can bring your own.
- Medical certificate fees
- Souvenir from us
- Hydration – bottled water and sports drink
- Personal souvenirs and expenses
- Travel insurance
Day 1 - 5:00 AM
Meet up in Makati
Our tour coordinator and driver will meet up with you at KFC-Caltex Gas Station, Buendia Ave. corner Chino Roces by 5 AM.
ETD in Makati for Mount Pulag
As courtesy to others, please be at the meet up location at least 30 minutes before the departure time. We’ll only allow 10-minute grace period.
Lunch along the way. We’ll have a short visit at a hospital to secure medical certificate proving that you are fit to climb Mount Pulag. We’ll then proceed to the DENR office for a short briefing.
ETA Mount Pulag Ranger Station
Arrival at the Ranger Station. We’ll check in at a home stay Beyond Outdoor Adventures contracted to host us. Dinner is served here.
Please note that the room is based on quadruple sharing.
Day 2 - 1:00 AM
Prepare for the hike. We’ll have a light and quick breakfast before we hike. Pack light. Only bring the things you need for the hike. Make sure that you have enough layer of clothes to avoid hypothermia.
It’s also important that you bring enough trail food and water good for 8 hours of hiking (back and forth).
Start of the hike
Commence hiking. Always follow the advise of your tour coordinator and local guide. We’ll have enough rest stops along the trails.
ETA at Mount Pulag summit
ETA at Mount Pulag’s summit. Enjoy the sunrise and the sea of clouds. Please note that it all depends on the weather.
ETA home stay.
ETA at our home stay. Wash up and eat lunch. Prepare for the return trip to Manila.
ETA in Manila / Makati
Arrival in Manila or Makati. End of the tour.
Yes, 4 meals are included. They are day 1 lunch and dinner, and day 2 light breakfast and lunch.
We always recommend hiking shoes with threaded sole for comfort and added confidence on the trails especially on those muddy parts near the summit.
Only bring the things you need to save on space. Avoid excess baggage.
- Clothes good enough for 2 days plus 1 set
- Warm clothes like those with fleece
- Additional several layers of clothes to insulate your body from very cold temperature
- Bonnet and gloves
- Any rain protection like rain-proof jackets and/or raincoat or ponchos
- Trekking pants are more advisable than trekking shorts
- Trail food like chocolate bars or granola bars
- Medicines if you are on medication
- Personal hygiene kit like tissue, toothpaste, toothbrush, soap
- Plastic bags or ziplock for wet clothes and water-proofing your gadgets
- 2 liters of hydration
- Mobile phone and camera
If there is one thing that you need to be concerned about in Mount Pulag is its weather and very low temperature. Proper preparation is needed.
- Temperature in Mount Pulag is around 14 to 16 Degrees Celsius.
- Temperature near the summit is around 4 to 6 Degrees Celsius.
- Train several weeks before the climb. You can do long walks, training climbs, and running.
- Water-proof your clothes and gadgets by putting them inside huge plastic bags and zip locks.
- Always follow the instructions of your guides.